Thursday, January 6, 2011

Write down your goals, succeed with positive affirmations, etc........

But what if you find yourself ambivolent about your goals? What if you wonder what it is you really want to do for the rest of your days? What if you are finding it more and more difficult to muster up the enthusiasm for anything?

"Where will I find the inspiration to continue my blog this year?", someone on Twitter wrote recently." Maybe I will just write when I feel the inspiration. Oh Crap, what if I never do? "Where will I find the energy to "Pimp My Business this year?" someone on LinkedIn wrote. Why bother, business has been so bad with the economy and all..............

Well, I watched a video clip this morning (sent by my cousin who is also in the same business as myself and a New York Goddess) and it was just to apropos. Bob Newhart was a mental health practitioner and his answer to every problem or phobia was "Stop It!!" That is why he only charged $1 a minute because he had the clients out of there in less than 5 minutes.(This was, of course, c.1960 phych rates) Sometimes I guess it could be just that simple. "Cut It Out, Stop It, Just Go Forward!!"

Years ago I was at an industry convention listening to a motivational speaker. His topic was. "Beware the Walleyed Pike Syndrome" or something like that. To make the lesson short: The walleyed pike has divergent eyes (in which the eyes turn outward away from the nose. The Japanese term is ron-pari, as one eye is looking at London and the other is looking at Paris) on each side of its head.

Phychologists did an experiment with this fish in a tank by feeding it in one specific place each day. After a while, they put up a glass wall between the fish and its feeding place. The fish quickly bumped into the glass wall and continued to do so for at least 5 days. On the 6th day the fish no longer swam near the glass wall and did not attempt to feed. On the 7th day they began to feed the fish again without the glass wall but the fish did not feed and eventually died even though the food was readily available.

To be continued.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment