Monday, August 3, 2009

Sisters of the Heart

Sisters are of the heart not of birth. Sharing the love of our families our innermost thoughts and feelings makes us sisters. Since I don't have a birth sister, the love of very special friends has always been inportant to me. There are always those few friends who make such an impact on your life that you feel as close to them as you would a sister. I am very lucky to have had 3 such special friendships. God has truly blessed me.. Dottie in North Carolina

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dottie, you were such an unexpected gift. I knew from the first time we all met that we would be close friends. I have so much fun just hanging around or going shopping, makes it so hard for me to drag myself back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian was an Earth Mother. She was a self- taught Black Artist & Poet who never painted or wrote until she was well into her 60's. She was my sister/girlfriend, which we fondly called each other. She enveloped me with her warm glow of pure God given love. She cooked with a magical touch that nourished your soul. My children's eyes would light with glee at the mere mention of Vivian's magical chocolate chip cookies. She was a deceptively ordinary woman on the surface, yet like no other woman you would ever have the good fortune to meet. I was drawn to her by some force quire beyond my ability to explain. There was a palpable aura about her.
    I feel blessed that destiny brought her into my life, and that she shared her many unique insights on this journey we call life. My home is filled with the mystical glow from Vivian's lovely paintings. My heart is filled with the comforting words and profound insights she shared. She was a sister/girlfriend/fellow traveler on the pathway to understanding life's many dimensions.

    ReplyDelete