Thursday, December 2, 2010

I must have been possessed!!


Just some random thoughts here.....About 6 years ago I bought a used Toyota 4-Runner from our daughter's neighbors in North Carolina. Great folks and a great car. I had been experimenting with listening to country music for a while since that was all my son-in-law listened to and that is all that seemed to play on the radio when we traveled to see our daughter in NC. Once I was in the 4-Runner it seemed that was all that I listened to. I even went so far as to purchase country CDs, and I hardly ever buy music. 5 years ago we bought a house in NC and I began to listen to Country Music on the radio there and at home in NY as well. Now that I have given my Toyota 4-Runner to my nephew I hardly listen to country music at all in my other car. Never do I tune in country music at the house; and in fact, I have begun to dislike it all over again. Just sayin, "I must have been possessed!"

1 comment:

  1. Music is like food....Remember when we ate tuna casserole....and squirted cheese onna cracker.....even split Oreos, licked the middle and thought THEY were great. Same can be said for music.....There are certain times we listen to Xmas Carols and certain times in one's life.....Country Music is appealing....I used to love it, too...Even wore a cowboy hat for about 17 years...and got INTO the ballads....Then ,after awhile , they seemed monotonous and twangy....My tastes, this winter...will be to pig out on Priscilla Herdman's beautiful CD's ....Her latest is 'Into the Stars'. I even cry over them...as I sing along....And then there are the 3 Tenors....I listen to a tape made long ago by my family...at Christmas Eve , featuring my sister and I singing several duets and playing the piano, a combo of my Uncle Nick on the clarinette, Aunt Rosalie and Aunt Jo taking turns on the piano, Uncle Frank on the Ukelele....Cousin Kenny playing the guitar....., Mother singing...and Dad.....a concert violinist, playing the violin......My Nonna was the one....'creating' the core of this musical combo..by telling each of her children what instrument they were to pick up.....and learn....Music and Food.....are forms of art.....Art and Food are far from static.....as both are appeals to one's senses...and sensibility.....We're about 95% water.....subject to change....One should live one's life as if it were a 'work of art' as we daily go about our lives consciously or unconsciously..attempting to maintain homeostasis.Balance is key. Although I ditched my cowboy hat......those RED cowboy boots with black tooling drop shipped for me at the corner store on Main in Great Barrington.....are remaining on my feet.......Instead of baked tuna in cream of mushroom soup......I toss it with cilantro.....

    ReplyDelete