Monday, May 3, 2010

Workshops at Shandells





Dear Friend,

Since the launch of my new website I have been increasingly getting emails and walk-in visitors asking about how to pick the right size lampshade for a lamp, and how long does it take to make a shade, and can I make “this” (whatever “this” is!) into a lamp.

Starting in May I will be extending my hours (Thurs. – Sat. 11-5 and Sun. 11-3), and will also kick off FREE monthly workshops on the second Saturday of each month, to help answer some of those questions, and more.

MAY 8 AND JUNE 12 are the first two workshops, from 9-11 AM each of those days.

Topics we’ll cover include: how to fit a lamp with a lampshade, revamping a dated lamp with a new shade, basic construction of a shade, and different things you can make into a lamp.

I have limited space so reservations will be needed; please email me at thingsthatmakeyousmile [at] gmail [dot] com, or call the studio at 518.789.6603.

The workshop will also include an inside look to “the Lampshade Lady’s” world. Come see my vintage paper and fittings and trimmings collections, and learn about how I got into this, etc.–and have a cup of tea!

Hopefully those who attend will be inspired to spruce up their decors with a new shade or a new lamp fashioned from some treasure they own.

Look forward to meeting you,

Susan http://shandells.com/about/workshops/

1 comment:

  1. Susan is a Sister Goddess, I love spending time with her and browsing all the items in her studio/store! Her choices of lamp bases and coordinated lamp shades are so unique, you just have to stop and stare! I'll be at the workshop trying to scale down the lampshade currently on my "Lady from a Clam Shell" nude Godiva style bedroom lamp inherited from my Mom. Mom had a bit of the "Lady" in her too. Hope to see you there. Just North of the Millerton Rte. 22 Light on the right side of the road in the first corner building once an old filling station. We'll keep the light on for you!!!

    ReplyDelete