Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines' Day



Valentines' Day, will we receive any heart shaped candy boxes? I'd rather have cheap candy in a gaudy heart shaped box than expensive candy in a square box from the best store in NYC. To receive a Valentines Day Heart from your boyfriend was a coveted prize, but what really did that mean. Bragging rights of course. Look what Jimmy or Johnny, or Davie, or Ronny gave to me. We would keep our jewelry, love letters, school notes passed in the halls, dried corsages (does anyone get them any more?) in that heart shaped keepsake. I received a heart shaped candy box this year, still means a lot to me and we have been married 39 years. WOW!
This is a picture of a Valentine Card (Hallmark Shoebox) I received from my "Sister Friend", Lori. She says I am the one with the skirt split in the front!I wonder why?!She said that the picture represents Lori, Me and my Sister Debbie. Another Goddess to add to the family of Goddesses!! "There might be girls that think they are as hot as we are; but they're wrong!!"

2 comments:

  1. Valentines Day would not be Valentines day without my cutting and pasting doilies, hearts, Victorian stickers, ribbons, bows and glitter upon a card or two. One for my 'honey' and other for an 'old beau'. Hey, ya never know. My dad used to give my mom a heart box every Valentines Day when he was alive. She loved that. She's gone now too. One of my home made card is still hanging on the wall of her apartment attached to my sister's home. She maintains the apartment for all of us as a 'shrine'. It contains all the photo albums she kept, family pictures and the china we used to eat from as children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous, you have a lot to share. why not become a direct participant and be able to post your own blog stories instead of commenting on others. Email me at MillertonNY@gmail.com and lets Chat!!

    ReplyDelete